Welcome 2012

Laktes, blinis, sour cream, caviar, cured salmon, dill, and chives: adding lingonberry preserves to my favorite breakfast of the year brings new meaning to Happy Meals. Why didn't I think of this before? Savory, salty, tart, sweet... amazing what flavor bursts from that little red berry when it adorns a succulent slip of gravlax.

Recipes for latkes and blinis can be found here although this year rather than heating the milk instead I mixed the yeast, milk, and flour last night and kept it covered on the kitchen counter. I completed the recipe (adding eggs, additional flour) as soon as I rose. The batter was ready within an hour or two. While waiting for our breakfast we savored a glass or two of Clementine juice and Cava.

Purchase lingonberry preserves or make your own by simmering fresh or frozen berries with enough sugar to make your tongue glad.

Comments

Popular Posts