Kitchen Catastrophe


Of all the failures that have occurred in my kitchen, few will ever live up to Oprah's mushroom soup fiasco. This fall's canning explosion also comes to mind (We are still knee-deep in stove top installation. Three months without a stove isn't as bad as it sounds. Coming soon: it is amazing what you can do with with a fondue pot and a waffle iron). But this past weekend's food adventure came close. Avocado Fries exemplify the adage "Don't try this at home." Read about it at this week's Called to the Table column.

Comments

Mrs. L said…
Oh man I'm bummed! Deep Fried Avocado recipes have been going around for a while and I was looking forward to trying them. Thanks for trying this out ahead of time so I don't waste a perfectly good avocado!
patrice said…
I know - I keep reading about everyone's success and love of the fried avocado but honestly, ish.

Popular Posts