Blogging by Mail Goodies


This summer I am participating in two Blogger Care Package exchanges. The first exchange was organized by Stephanie A.K.A. The Happy Sorceress.  I sent a package of several Minnesota must-haves to Dee of Girls Read Comics Too.  Dee is in Australia, and their customs is pretty strict about what comes in to the country (no wild rice, no popcorn, no honey, nothing with dairy).  She received maple syrup, some Minnesota chocolates (including B.T. McElrath and Pearson's) and a Hot Dish cookbook, among other items.

Then, last week I received my package(s) (pictured above) of wonderful treats sent to me from Pages, Pucks, and Pantry. So many delectables that I couldn't fit them all in one photo.

Marionberry preserves, Meyer lemon marmalade, Christmas Lima beans, corn tortillas, honey, chocolate covered sea salt caramels, dried chili peppers, spices, etc.: my pantry is now stocked with all sorts of amazing ingredients.  Even Olive and Oskar were remembered in this delivery, and have been playfully fighting over the organic catnip toy.  And some special dog in my life (my mom's dog Matti) will soon be enjoying dried smoked pork liver treats.


The first ingredient we humans tried was Burnt Sacrifice dry rub which I used to flavor a rack of ribs. There is still enough leftover spice mix to add to fish or chicken before it hits the grill this weekend. What a treat!


Comments

Mrs. L said…
Love the photos of the cats with the catnip toy. Your Oscar is such a find, what a beautiful cat!
patrice said…
They no longer share the catnip toy. It has become Oskar's. Such a spoiled boy.

Popular Posts