Tasty Iced Coconut Concoctions


UV, or "Old Reliable" as I have come to know her, makes some decent inexpensive flavored vodkas that we tend to break out on hot summer days and nights.  Their pink lemonade is a party in a bottle!  So I was intrigued when I read about UV's coconut vodka in the summer edition of Surdyk's magazine. Coconut rum is great, but too sweet for my palate.  A coconut flavored vodka seemed like the best of both worlds.

Patrice's Coconut Pineapple Lime Spritzers
Freeze lots of good pineapple juice in ice cube trays until solid.
Add several ice cubes to high ball glass.  Add several shots of UV Coconut Vodka.  Stir in lime flavored soda water to fill.

T's Iced Coconut Coffee
Mix equal parts UV Coconut Vodka and Kahlua over lots of ice.

Comments

Andrea Nelson said…
Do you have any recipes that don't involve pineapple or coffee? I really want to try the coconut flavored vodka, but I'm not a fan of the pineapple.
stephaniesays said…
The first one sounds refreshing and intriguing, though I'm not a huge fan of flavored vodkas normally.
patrice said…
Hi Andrea - I haven't tried this yet but I think it would be great adding the coconut vodka with chocolate milk and ice cubes to your blender and making a sort-of-shake. Banana might also be a good match. This vodka needs both a sweet and a tart note to balance it, IMO. Otherwise it is a bit thin.

Popular Posts