Rites of Summer


Random or subtly significant?

Memorial Day Weekend is the official-unofficial start of summer in Minnesota.  T and I inaugurate the event with an annual screening of The Big Lebowski (a.k.a. the world's most perfect movie.  After more than 50 viewings I cannot find a flaw.).  We drink Caucasians and eat burgers, maybe throw on some flip flops and a bathrobe.  When the Russians get too sweet I might switch to a beer or a Sioux City.

No matter how quickly the world is imploding, no matter how many of the neighbors' cats collect in our front yard, no matter the good or the ugly, we have two hours of bliss at the onset of summer when T and I look at each other and say, "'Bleep' it, Dude, let's go bowling."

Comments

frimp said…
I don't know if the dude ever drank Perrier...

Popular Posts