Pickled Beet Brined Wings

Last summer I discovered the pleasure of pickle-brined chicken and started hoarding dill pickle juice. Yet I was still pouring beet pickle juice down the drain. One day, mid pour, I realized that the beautiful sweet beet juice might make a lovely brined chicken.

Enter Beet Pickle-Brined Chicken Wings. These fuchsia colored wings send me into beet meets cluck fantasies. I debuted them in Minot at Norsk Høstfest where crowds of Nordic food revelers clamored for a taste and everyone from elderly housewives to young hipsters asked for the recipe. The week I arrived back in the Twin Cities, I taught a Game Night cooking class at American Swedish Institute where these wings again took center stage. These birds a keepers.

Read more about the wings and check out the recipe at Called to the Table.

 

Comments

Popular Posts