Bok Choy Salad with PB2 powder

Hot summer days, hot summer nights, and chilled summer salads. What more do we need?

A bumper crop of Minnesota-grown baby bok choy reached our farmers market last month. I've been finding new uses for this tasty green especially while the prices are so ridiculously low at $1 a bundle.

Bok Choy Salad is a play on Thai noodle salad, sans the noodles, and using PB2 powder dramatically reduces the calories in the dressing. (Have you tried PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter yet? I highly recommend it.) Use 2 tablespoons regular peanut butter if you don't have PB2. As for serving sizes, this would feed 2 to 4 people as a side. However... do I have to admit I ate the whole thing myself for dinner last night?

Bok Choy Salad with Peanut Dressing

For the salad:
2 to 3 cups bok choy, chopped
1 large green onion, chopped
1 small cucumber, diced
1 small carrot, cut into matchsticks
1/2 cup radishes, chopped
1/4 cup Thai basil, minced
2 tablespoons each jalapeno or hot chili pepper, fresh mint, cilantro, and chives; minced
1/4 cup peanuts

For the dressing:
Juice of one lime
2 tablespoons PB2 powder
1 tablespoon each soy sauce, maple syrup (or honey), and sambel oelek (Thai chili paste)
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 thumbs-sized ginger, grated
1/2 teaspoon each fish sauce and black pepper

In small mixing bowl whisk together dressing ingredients; toss vegetables with dressing. Eat immediately.

Comments

Julia said…
"However... do I have to admit I ate the whole thing myself for dinner last night?" Hahaha, I know that one to well. But.. Salad can just be so darn good sometimes and it's good for us right? ;) And oh I have eyed out that PB powder. Got to put that on my buy-asap-list! Hope your summer have started off well Patrice, miss your loud giggle! xxx Julia

Popular Posts