Waffle Day is here!


Waffle Day is here! Waffle Day is one of my favorite days on the entire Swedish calendar, not just because I love waffles (and I do!) but because of the fascinating history of how Waffle Day (Våffeldagen) got its name. Read about it and get my recipe for spelt waffles at a post I wrote for Chef Marcus Samuelsson's blog last year: http://www.marcussamuelsson.com/recipe/swedish-waffle-day-recipes.

There is no end to waffle variations. Here are links to a few of my recipes:

Chick-IN Waffles

Pumpkin Waffles

Seltzer Waffles

Pantry Waffles

 Yeast Waffles

Yoghurt Ricotta Waffles

This year my waffles will be made with stout beer leftover from St. Patrick's Day recipes. They are delicious especially with Maple Lingonberry Stout Syrup. Glad Våffeldagen!

Guinness Waffles
4 - 5 waffles

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup Guinness Extra Stout (or use your favorite stout-style beer)
1/3 cup melted butter
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

In large mixing bowl whisk together dry ingredients. In medium mixing bowl whisk together wet ingredients. Add wet ingredients to the dry and whisk until just combined.

Cook batter in waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.

Comments

Popular Posts