Cranberries with Style

Everyone who bakes ought to have a quick bread recipe in their back pocket. I've always relied on my favorite banana bread recipe, scrawled on a post-it twenty years ago and still mostly legible. It contains copious amounts of sour cream, butter, eggs, and bananas, with a pinch of flour to bind the whole thing together.

The first quick bread I ever baked was from my trusty "Cooking with Style," a cookbook that came with my first set of knives (remember Chicago Cutlery when it was a local company?). The bread was cherry-pecan, and it was one of the first recipes I ever made while staying true to the techniques and ingredients on the page. Therefore, the bread was actually successful.

Over at Called to the Table today is a recipe for Cranberry Walnut Bread. Feed it to company or freeze it (sans icing) for a morning when fresh cranberries aren't plentiful.

Comments

Popular Posts