Wooing

OK OK I take it back! Last night I had to renege a previous accusation that I knew few, if any, men who could take on a grill as well as I can. Not only did I have to eat my words (groan all you want), but my punishment was wonderful and delicious.

To achieve perfectly cooked meat and vegetables I usually lace skewers with all meat or all veggies. In fact, I go so far as to practice vegetable apartheid; lancing mushrooms only with mushroom, tomatoes with tomatoes, potatoes with potatoes, and impaling onions and peppers on their own little spikes.

Our friends served inclusive skewers and yet the meat was cooked a gorgeous medium rare while the tender vegetables acquired pretty grill marks. Rarely does the universe allow such a brilliant kebab.

My contribution was a Watermelon Woo Woo. As fun to say as it is to drink.




Watermelon Woo Woo
2 ounces vodka
2 ounces watermelon puree (laced with lime)
Lime seltzer

Shake vodka and puree with lots of ice. Pour into glass rimmed with salt and lime zest. Top off with seltzer. Garnish with lime wedge or watermelon cube.

Watermelon Puree
Puree 2 cups watermelon with juice of 1/2 lime. Strain through fine mesh colander. Chill.

Comments

Popular Posts