Summer Romance

A friend once described a summer night that included romance, a bonfire, and crab legs wrapped in foil. The romance led her to forget the crab legs and they cooked nestled within the fire for far longer than she intended. When she finally remembered the crab they pulled it out of the smolder ate it. She sighed sort of dreamy and told me, "It was the best thing I've ever tasted." Romance and summer nights will do that to a girl. And a crab.

I hear a lot of nay saying when it comes to mixing cheese and seafood, but I believe, with the right attitude, they can make a lovely couple. I wrapped foil around a pound of crab legs, a half cup of pesto, and a clump of butter and placed the bundle directly over hot coals, then forgot about it while I made a burrata salad with tomato, Kalamata olives, and pesto. Half an hour later, amour.




Comments

Popular Posts