Celebration Cookies


Waking up the morning after my birthday and two days after T's birthday always makes me a little sad. How can it be over with so quickly? How can a day of donuts and Cheetos and birthday cards and well wishes be done? Just like that. I long to do it all over again. Which is probably why I like to celebrate throughout the entire month of January rather than limiting myself to just a 24 hour blowout. I remind myself that the best is yet to come. Later this week I'll join friend at my favorite restaurant, and there is still a full week of January revelry! What a perfect time to bake cookies.

At Christmas my mom presented a beautiful cookie tray that included cookies made by her friend. The recipe was so simple, too simple... I tweaked it just a little bit and cut the original by 3/4 (because really, how many cookies does one house need?) and came up with Four Cs. T liked them well enough to eat the entire batch while it was cooling.

Four Cs Cookies
Makes 20

1 stick butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1/3 cup craisins
1/3 cup white chocolate chips
1/3 cup coconut flakes
1/3 cup cashews

Cream together butter, sugar, and vanilla. Add flour, baking soda, and salt; stir until dough forms. Add remaining ingredients.

Roll tablespoon-sized balls and place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake in preheated 325 degree oven 10 to 14 minutes, or until edges are just crisping and turning golden brown. Carefully remove from sheet and cool on flat surface. Cookies will be quite fragile until cool.

Comments

Popular Posts