Holiday Frenzy, Interrupted



We are all rushing rushing rushing toward our holidays, toward the parties, toward a New Year. Personally, I am slooooowwwwiiingggg dooowwwnnn... I want to live in each moment: spend hours gazing at our tree, recall the history of each ornament, admire the cats as they roll in the pine sap (and spend an hour or so trying to get the syrup out of their fur). This weekend we'll head downtown to take in the lights and decorations, sip cocktails with names like "Fake Norwegian" and attend the appropriately titled "Of Mirth and Mischief." Maybe we'll get some shopping in. I'll wait until Christmas Eve to panic.

This week's Called to the Table shows another side to my holidays (and maybe yours). After all this feasting, I need a plate full of veggies.



Comments

Popular Posts