MORE Grilled Pizza!

I know I promised a post on Midsommar recipes for today, but the weather was beautiful and I spent too much time outdoors grilling pizza with my coworkers.  Using my favorite pizza dough and plenty of fresh produce from today's farmers market, each of us made our own versions of the best pizzas the season offers: asparagus, zucchini and blossoms, new potatoes, peas, onions, garlic scapes, tomatoes, and more fresh herbs than you can shake a charcoal starter at.

Thanks to S for capturing a few of our creations on her phone camera. S made this vegetarian version of mixed veggies on whole wheat:


And I made a quick Margherita with lots of garlic scapes:


My Favorite Whole Wheat Pizza Dough (adapted from the CuisineArt Processor cookbook)
Makes 2 9-inch crusts

2/3 cups warm water
1 package yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
1 teaspoon sugar or honey
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons olive oil

Combine water, yeast, and sweetener; allow yeast to feed and bubble, about 5 minutes. Add yeast mixture to flours and salt. Mix or process until soft, silky dough forms; roll into ball. Add oil to large bowl; roll ball in oil, cover and allow to rise about 1 hour. Proceed with recipe.

Comments

frimp said…
No red sauce?
patrice said…
well frimp, I promise to make a nice summer red sauce in your honor very soon!

Popular Posts