Pumpkin and Pear Salad


My oft mentioned muse, Marcus Samuelsson, posted a recipe for Pumpkin-Pear Salad yesterday.  Except for the dressing (which includes egg yolk and cream, a little heavy for this cat), it sounded like a perfect way to make use of my Pumpkin Pie Pumpkin (isn't that name redundant?).  I swapped out a few ingredients and ended up roasting my pumpkin (spiced with chili powder and cayenne) and shallots, then tossed the pumpkin/shallot (still warm) with pear, bacon, red pepper, pumpkin seeds, and chives.  The vinaigrette was lemon, olive oil, mustard, and agave nectar.

It lacked a crisp balance, but overall flavor was very nice. T's response was "eckh" to which I replied, "Eat your leftover lasagna and leave me and my salad alone."

Comments

frimp said…
Lasagna, doesn't sound like T has too bad after all...
stephaniesays said…
mmm...i miss your cooking...i'm already excited for christmas eve eve.

Popular Posts