A Plate of Beauty


With the overwhelming abundance of foodies whipping out their cellphone cameras at every meal, I am too self-conscious and embarrassed to photograph my public meals.  However, I make exceptions when the meal is as remarkable as what I enjoyed the other night at Bewiched in Minneapolis.  I think even the chef was proud of his creation, as he brought it to our table himself rather than allowing the waitstaff to do it.

I love the Bewiched Happy Hour specifically because they offer a chef's plate, on to which the chef pulls together meats, cheese, pickles, etc. that express his mood using daily/seasonal ingredients.  If I had a choice, I would ask for the chef's plate at every restaurant I go to.  Nothing beats what the chef thinks is his or her very best that day.  At Bewiched all of the meats are smoked and cured in house, and they do a phenomenal job.  Sandwiches and salads are artisan and rustic.

The plate in question, pictured above, showcased (in counter-clockwise order starting with the upper right corner) apple mostarda (has anyone else noticed pickled mustard seeds trending locally?  More on that in a coming blog.) wrapped in brie cheese and topped with a candied pecan, roast beef and blue cheese crostini, pastrami and pickled onions on toasted rye, very subtle smoked-sausage with a hearty mustard, thick slices of smoked bacon, and an aged cheddar with delicate pickled peppers.

Comments

frimp said…
I'm curious what 'T' thinks of this eatery's service?
patrice said…
T LOVES the sandwiches here.

Popular Posts