Wanderlust at the Fair

French Meadow Bakery's French Toast "Tots"
(filled with savory cheese that was a miss for some,
but a definite hit for me) and of course their iced coffee

The green fruits are a cucumber-tomato hybrid that are
out of this world tasty!

Today was my Machinery Hill Day
(I love tractors.  No, really, I do.)

Hey all you boomers and Xers, remember these?

Salmon on-a-stick and Summit Oktoberfest
Lunch at Giggles

Minnesota Cooks!
Mayor Coleman and Senator Franken wait for their tasty treats
(After the event I finally thanked Al for getting me through
three lonely years in Japan, when I daily watched his
most awesome and underrated movie One More Saturday Night
"You're the only one who saw it," he responded.)

MN Cooks sample: apple salad with a warm brie dressing

MN Cooks sample: corn bread pudding

Stephanie X 2 from Weekly Dish

Today was one of those days when my wanderings at The Fair brought me to all of the hot spots (and not only because it was humid and hot).  After enjoying  my breakfast in the Tejas Beer Garden (I spend so much time there they ought to give me my own table) I joined the other volunteers in the Eco Building where chefs prepared local foods that we handed out to the crowds.  While running errands and dragging a food wagon through parking lots I made friends with parking attendants; swapping stories about The Fair, the economy, our jobs.  I listened to some of my favorite radio personalities, watched the parade and cheered the bands, had a refreshing lunch, hit the pet barn, and admired some tractors.  The Minnesota Cooks stage was the perfect end to a perfect Fair Day.

Tomorrow will bring a double posting of trivia questions.  Stay tuned and Good Fair!

Comments

Popular Posts