Midday, Midweek: Market and Music


Single girls, as I recall, spend wonderful summer days listening to live music at local venues watching lone guy dancing.  Always present, he wears a hat and appears oblivious to his surroundings.  Is he cool?  A geek?  Longing to dance, we wonder whether he is drunk, gay, or European.  Single girls, as I recall, hope he is one of the later two.  Inevitably, he asks for a dance only if he is the former. 

Lunchtime on Northrup Mall under the hot summer sun listening to music from my favorite local band, I was grateful to simply enjoy lone dancing guy's moves without wondering about his status.  The farmers market nearby and in full gear, I hoped the basil wouldn't wilt before I could get it home and into cool water.

And I am pretty sure he was European.


Comments

Popular Posts