Popcorn Wednesdays


My first job out of college taught me a lot. I learned about office politics and clerical ghettos, and I developed accounting skills in spite of the high school teacher who warned, “You should never go into the accounting field.” (By the way, that teacher was right. I do not have the calm and detail-oriented character of someone married or engaged to, or even casually dating a ten-key and a balance sheet.)

But the best thing I learned from that post was the importance of Popcorn Wednesday. Each week the office came together at an oversized, over-buttered, over-salted trough of hot popcorn. Our midweek was marked by this socialization. We discussed both professional and personal news.

The office where I am currently employed does not lack social interaction. In fact, our team prides ourselves on our connection to one another and the way we support each other. But something was missing. Until our new popcorn maker arrived.

The people we choose to share our food with will always be a way to define friend, family, and community.


Exuberant Officemate Receives Popcorn Maker

First Batch Prep

Success

Comments

frimp said…
Popcorn Wednesdays...very cool. What happens on Fridays?
patrice said…
On Fridays we do whirled peas.

Popular Posts