Kholslaw and Green Potato Salad

Kohlslaw

The spill-baby-spill catastrophe finally hit my fish monger. The iced lined display case normally brims over with dozens of fish varieties. Yesterday it was empty except for a half dozen fillet mounds priced around $20 a pound. There was a special on wild Atlantic salmon and I settled on the prettiest pink package. T, always the chicken apologist, opted for two plump breasts (And yes, I am smiling as I write this. As a 14 year old boy trapped in a woman’s body, chicken-parts-irony always gets a chuckle out of me.).

What to serve with grilled maple-citrus fin and feather? Kohlslaw (coleslaw made with julienned kohlrabi) and Green Potato Salad (new potatoes, fresh shucked peas, and every herb my garden yields), both flavored with maple syrup (farmers market specialty!) and lime did the trick.

Green Potato Salad


Comments

Popular Posts