Veggie Monday: Rhubarb

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad."
Unknown

But what about Rhubarb?

When I was a kid there wasn't much better than being sent to the front stoop with my bowl of sugar and a few stalks of rhubarb picked fresh from my mom's garden.  It was a non-packaged version of Lick-n-Dip. Rhubarb is a vegetable, but lucky for us it is tasty both in savory and sweet preparations.  This weekend I experimented with both.

Bruschetta with mozzarella and a compote of rhubarb,
lingonberries, oranges, and basil

Rhubarb, blackberry, strawberry, vanilla,
and port cobbler with Greek yoghurt
(based recipe on New American Table but cut
way back on fat.  Just so happened Marcus appeared
on CBS this morning touting recipe.)

Comments

stephaniesays said…
once again my mouth is watering...that dessert, especially.

Popular Posts