Leftovers: I've Got That Focaccia Feeling


Mushrooms, Red Onion, Parm-Reg,
and Fried Sage Focaccia

In a recent post I admitted my dislike for leftovers.  Creative reuses for the previous nights' dinners is becoming an interesting and sometimes quite satisfying challenge.  Last night was one of those lovely meals where leftovers became my favorite meal of the week. 

This focaccia is leftover dough and vegetables from our pizza party.  I added the small bit of Parmigiano-Reggiano rolling around in the cheese bin, and sage leaves from Monday night's chicken dish.  (Nothing pleases me much more than popping bite after bite of quickly crisped sage or basil, fried about 30 seconds in olive oil or butter.)  After brushing a bit of the sage-perfumed oil on the bread, I cut it into triangles, and ate it alongside a salad of greens and avocado.

                                                  

Comments

stephaniesays said…
OY i wish i could shop/cook like you. you always have the right ingredients to make the most delicious looking/sounding things!
patrice said…
thanks stephaniesays! yes, this one turned out pretty nice. very satisfying. reminded me a lot of something i'd order from Pizza Nea.

Popular Posts