Braking for Cauliflower



Cauliflower Puree with Scallops and Roasted Vegetables

My quest for edible veggies continue.  Last night I played with a recipe posted by my favorite blogger, Anne from Sweden.  I've complained much recently about the cauliflower trend currently sweeping the world, and thought this recipe might be an opportunity for me to either jump on the bandwagon or help pull the brakes.

If you like cauliflower (does anyone really like cauliflower?!) go ahead and make this puree.  If you don't like cauliflower, come on over to my house and we will find something else to experiment with.  I loosely followed Anne's directions although I added nutmeg to the puree, and substituted shallots for the garlic and caramelized them together with the bacon.  The vegetable side is yam, red pepper, and red onion tossed in olive oil, salt, and pepper and roasted slow in a 325 oven; finished with fresh parsley.

Comments

stef said…
I enjoy cauliflower. My fav is blanching the entire head, coating with parm. cheese, butter and bread crumbs and baking until browned. yummy!

Popular Posts