Taco life

In the words of smart eaters everywhere, tacos are my LIFE. Sure, pizza is my bestie, but tacos hang out with me most often. I'm starting to wonder if Minneapolis tortilla makers at La Perla are responsible for my summer obsession. When I'm not pressing my tortillas from scratch, I purchase their product exclusively and lately I seem to be wrapping everything I find in my kitchen within the soft warm flatbreads.

My Fig to Fork delivery this week included Chef Marc Leandro's recipe for grilled pork tenderloin and summer salsa. First brined then grilled, the pork was as tender and moist as any I've ever made. Best, the leftovers became a tasty taco breakfast.

Grilled Pork Tenderloin
Serves 2

10 ounces boneless pork tenderloin
4 cups water
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons salt
2 garlic cloves, smashed
Canola oil plus salt and pepper

Dissolve sugar and salt in water. Add garlic and pork and brine in refrigerator up to 90 minutes.

Remove pork from brine and pat dry with paper towels. Coat lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over direct heat 3 to 4 minutes each side.

Rest for 5 minutes and serve with fresh salsa.

My salsa included mango, tomato, cilantro, roasted corn, onion, sweet peppers, lime juice, and chili peppers (chilies picked fresh from our garden).


A recipe for grilled or roasted cauliflower is at Called to the Table today.








Comments

Popular Posts