Grilling pizza for 20 or so of our closest friends

Every summer my friend J's sister visits from Florida and we use this as an excuse to throw a pizza party (as if we need an excuse to make pizza). The volume of pizza coming off of J's grill is evidence that the party becomes more successful every year.

As much as I love each and every pizza (and yes, I partook in at least one slice of each pie) the appetizer and dessert gave me the most pleasure. One guest brought a tray of meats and cheeses (wrapping prosciutto around melon slices was one of the best things to come out of the 1980s, and we should never let that trend die) and another brought her famous rhubarb cake (imagine Tres Leches had a baby with your mom's rhubarb patch and add a heaping cup of bliss). My favorite pizza? The straight-up and honest old-school pepperoni with a red sauce. Sometimes simplicity wins.




 








Comments

Popular Posts