Glorious summers and heading up north

What a glorious summer we are having in Minnesota. T and I took advantage of my need to research at distant locales and enjoyed a few wonderful road trips. Last week we drove past Bemidji, where near the shores of Lake Itasca and close to Itasca State Park (home of the Mississippi headwaters) I had the privilege to speak with Chef Eric from the Swedish Village at Concordia Language Village camp. (This is the same camp where Chelsea Clinton spent six summers during her youth. She was in the German Village.)

The 800+ acres are breathtaking. Each language has its own village where kids spent up to four weeks immersed in learning a new language. I heard campers singing a post-lunch Swedish song of thanks, speaking Swedish to one another while hustling through the hallways of the main Swedish camp building, and carving Dala horses in a craft class. For a moment I transported back to childhood and begged my parents to send me to Swedish camp! Swedish camp is almost as awesome as horse camp! Lucky for me, the camps offer adult experiences in the fall.

After my afternoon at camp, T and I drove to the headwaters and admired the clean, clear, and tranquil water where the Mississippi begins. Did I mention our glorious Minnesota summer?


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts