Elvis has not left the building. He's eating breakfast.

OK. Here's the deal. Regarding breakfast. I am more of a whatever is leftover from dinner kind of fast breaker. I don't buy into the smoothie hype and I believe kale is a vile weed. Eating Paleo will not bring me closer to God or to a perfect diet and body. I don't put a lot of energy into bloggers who claim eating 3-ingredient gluten-free high-energy pancakes or smoothies or cookies is the way to achieve a better life.

I like gluten and carbs, and yes I eat way too many of the two in combination. And my search for a perfect breakfast that is both filling and healthy has been a long and challenging ordeal.

Until now. Until my breakfast epiphany.

You see I have these two friends who convinced me to try banana peanut butter pancakes. These sassy cakes changed my life, or, at least, my morning noshing routine. I even convinced one of my sisters to give them a try, and she sent her husband off to work with a few pancakes rolled around sausage and he coined them "Elvis  in Blankets" (Or how about "Elviscakes"?).

Banana PB Pancakes
2 bananas
1 egg
½ teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons peanut butter

Mash the bananas with peanut butter; add egg and baking powder and stir until well combined. Fry in butter or coconut oil on medium-low heat 3 to 5 minutes or until cakes can be flipped and cook additional 2 to 3 minutes. Use about ¼ cup batter for each pancake.

Comments

Popular Posts