Adventures in Lefse

 
I spent Saturday morning at Ingebretsen's feeding "repurposed lefse" to happy and hungry patrons. Seems that repurposing lefse is trending these days, and I am not complaining. I've been looking for new ways to serve my favorite flatbread for years. What did surprise me was the reception that my play on crepes received. Eating warm lefse spread generously with chocolate sauce then rolled in a bit of butter made some customers weep with joy. (OK, OK, I will fess up. I was the one who wept the first time I tasted this creation. Greedy with hunger and, yes, lust, I ate an entire lefse round with extra chocolate sauce and whipped cream all topped with almonds.)

I'll post the recipes here later in the week. If you can't wait until then, check out the recipes and read more about my adventures in lefse over at Ingebretsen's blog.


Comments

Popular Posts