Roasting Away

A local food personality speaks frequently of her love for Trader Joe's Roasted Corn. It comes frozen and all one needs to do to impress her friends is thaw the corn and add some flavor.  "Everyone thinks I spent hours roasting corn and removing it from the cob!" she claims.

We needed a few sides to serve guests on the 4th, so I added beans, tomatoes, peppers, and cilantro to TJ's roasted corn. Sure enough, one friend asked when I had time to roast all that delicious corn. I confessed my new little secret, and now my friend will be joining the rest of us at TJ's to stock up on frozen goodness. Roasted Corn Salsa makes a nice side salad, chip dip, and relish.

Roasted Corn Salsa
1 package Trader Joe's Roasted Corn, thawed
2 - 15 ounce cans beans, your favorite varieties, drained and rinsed (I used black and chili)
1 yellow or red pepper, diced
1 cup tomatoes, diced
1/2 red onion, diced
3 green onions, diced
1 jalapeno, diced
1/2 cup cilantro, stems removed and chopped fine

Toss together with dressing.

Dressing:
Juice from 2 limes
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
3 tablespoons sugar
3 cloves garlic, diced 
Season to taste with salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder

Combine all ingredients and whisk in enough olive oil to make 1 cup dressing.

Comments

Popular Posts