August Bounty

My horoscope keeps telling me to say no occasionally, but I am loving everything that is coming my way these days. Do I say no to writing my little blogs? Do I say no to my Hub column? Do I say no to marcussamuelsson.com? Volunteering? What about my day job? The State Fair? I don't think so! I will continue juggling until I don't like one of the balls in the air. Or until I drop one. Life is short, summer is fleeting, and I don't want to miss a moment!

Now, about August. One event that I will miss this month is Kräftskiva (Crayfish Fest) so technically I am saying no to things I love. You can read about my first taste of Kräftskiva at marcussamuelsson.com. The recipe that is posted with the article is based on a recipe from childhood, substituting crayfish meat for the shrimp. My mom recalls wanting a new salad to serve at my sister's graduation party. A neighbor and friend wrote down the very simple ingredients for the sweet shrimp and carrot combo topped with lots of crunchy salty potato sticks, and a star was born in our kitchen. Read more about it at Called to the Table.


Comments

Popular Posts