Summertime and the living is...

... slightly spicy, colorful, fresh, and fragrant!

Last night I made a pitcher full of onion, cilantro, lime juice and zest, olive oil, and cumin, and marinated T's chicken and my salmon for 20 minutes or so. It was too stormy to grill so I seared the breasts and fillet then finished them in a medium oven.

Recently I admitted to myself that I prefer my salmon cured, raw, or slightly over cooked. I know I ought not admit that publicly, but summertime has me feel all optimistic. Perhaps some other "I don't like rare salmon" eater will read this and be inspired to reveal this possibly ostracizing disclosure. Shall I also confess I am not a fan of blue cheese? Alas, probably TMI from a girl who claims to love food.

We ate our spice-scented fowl and fish on warm tortillas with lots of cilantro, red pepper, radishes, and a sauce of avocado, jalapeno, sour cream and cream cheese, cumin, garlic, cilantro and chives, and lime juice.

A long holiday weekend and the living is easy.

Comments

Popular Posts