Lemon Chalets: Obit or Reborn?

Girl Scout Cookie season has come and gone, although the crumb trail is relatively fresh. It leads to ice cream cases in local groceries that continue to stock Edy's Limited Edition Thin Mint, Samoa, and Tagalong flavors.

For the first time in my adult life I didn't purchase any Girl Scout Cookies. I can blame it on the politics and bad press (Eat a Cookie, Kill an Orangutan?), I can blame it on the lack of Girls pushing their opiates. But if I look at the situation with total honesty, the death of Lemon Chalet killed my desire to chase those other tasty monkeys. 

I've posted Melting Moments tales several times, including a few months ago when I added lemon to the original recipe in memory of Lemon Chalet. The confection perfection (groan all you want) gains additional fame in Called to the Table this week.

Comments

Popular Posts