Sun and Search



Tuesday was the first perfectly hot-enough-to-lay-in-the-sun-and-get-some-color day. I took a rare lunch hour away from my desk and fell asleep in the grass with warm skin and sweet dreams. I woke up remembering a blog I've been meaning to write about tanning addiction, and promptly took a photo of my sunglasses laying in the grass. Smug and satisfied as one often is after a good nap, I packed up my things and headed back to the office with a brief and slight feeling that I'd left something behind.

All set to write my post on tanning addiction, I searched for the camera cord. It wasn't in the case, it wasn't dangling in my purse, it wasn't in my canvas "everything that doesn't fit in my purse that I need to bring to work" bag. I searched my house. I searched the cats' toy box. Then I remembered my hour in the sun. I must have left it on the grassy campus mall and it has rained twice since then.

T ordered a new cord for me which should arrive in a few days. Until then, I'll have to post old photos. (Insert sad face.)  Thankfully this week's Called to the Table column (warning: column contains confessions about cheating on my butcher) includes a recipe I first created last year and I've got a few dozen photos of Grilled Trout Burgers from which to choose.

Comments

Popular Posts