There's No Place Like Home

There are three places where I feel most at home in all the world: downtown Minneapolis, NE Minneapolis along the river in the St. Anthony Main neighborhood, and the University of Minnesota East Bank Campus.  They are the lovers who make me feel like I am my best when we are together.  Reuniting with them always gives me energy, joy, and lots of nostalgic mush.

The summer before the bridge fell I sat up in the new Guthrie on the balcony that projects over the river, sketching my beloved city from a new vantage.  In any other setting, water does not entice me.  But the ancient magic and intense power of the Falls is true beauty. 

I am often asked my favorite places to bring out-of-town guests when they come to visit the Cities.  It is not a coincidence that most of my must-sees are along the path to home: from Kramarczuk's to Nye's, or just strolling along the Riverfront.

Comments

Popular Posts