Good Intentions and Clean Refrigerators

On that day when nothing can any longer stand between me and T and the task of cleaning the refrigerator, I am reminded of good intentions.  After all, I meant well when I bought that expensive imported cheese, or chose the very best green beans from our farmers market.  I meant well when I brought home those bags of frozen peas and broccoli (expiration dates long past), when I placed those (sad, saggy) carrots in the bin, when I pickled (formerly pretty vegetables) and (moldy) salsa that now hide in the shadows of unidentifiable Tubberware contents; my demons lurk until T raises his bleach bucket and we set out to save ourselves (from ourselves). 




Please don't worry about us when you notice the lack of beer, wine, and vodka.  They are safe and sound in coolers full of ice, waiting for our project's ending and full of congratulatory merriment.  Ah... how long before the mountains of leftovers and uneaten produce loom once more?

Comments

stef said…
I didn't realize we have the same refrigerator! Except mine is full of moldy stale unidenfiable food.

Popular Posts