Blossoms ala Romesco




This is the best thing I've eaten all week.  I love the D'Amico & Sons Fresh Mozzarella and Vegetable Salad with Romesco and wanted to create my own version.  Thanks to Jennifer I had some gorgeous zucchini and blossoms (my favorite rare, valuable treat of the season), so I stuffed them with ricotta, parm, egg yolk, allspice and chili powder then dredged them in egg and panko.  A quick fry in some olive oil and we had perfection.  For the sauce, throw tomato sauce (still using up last summer's pantry stock), garlic, onion, roasted red pepper, hazelnuts, spicy red chili, olive oil and a splash of vinegar in a blender.  To offset the fried cheese, we ate this with a salad of grilled zucchini, tomato, onion, basil, and mozzarella.

Comments

Andrea Nelson said…
It looks...good?

Popular Posts