Fun with Yellowfin and Grilled Southwestern Salad


I had my heart set on grilling tuna burgers last night, but our regular butcher wasn’t working and the new guy couldn’t tell us whether the available Yellowfin was sustainably caught. T insisted we walk away from questionable tuna, so we opted for chicken (for T) and soy burgers (for me). I didn’t know until this morning (thank you Seafood WATCH) that what was available to us was a good alternative if not a best choice. Time to upgrade my pocket guide.

There are plenty of greens remaining from last weekend’s farmers market, so we topped them with southwestern-style grilled vegetables: corn, red peppers, red onions, chili peppers. Chopped mango, avocado, and cilantro added flavor, as did the dressing of orange and lime juices, olive oil, and salt and pepper. The salad nearly made up for the lack of fish burgers.

                                                 

Comments

stephaniesays said…
ohmygosh that looks SO tasty...sorry you couldn't make your tuna burgers! [heh heh heh...that's what you get for taunting me with it yesterday!] Mmm, I could go for a grilled veggie burger too, though.
frimp said…
I'm going to watch "The Big Lebowski"...what might be the best meal to pair with this cult classic?
patrice said…
oh frimp, such elementary inquiries. for lebowski you must have burgers - from In&Out if available.

Popular Posts