A Dicken's-Like Food Weekend: It Was the Best and Worst AND Bonus Dressing Recipe

Farmers Market Haul

Saturday found us enjoying brunch at Meritage.  A return to this St. Paul restaurant reminded me why it is one of my favorite Twin Cities spots.  A bloody Mary oyster shooter and salmon blini gave the whole meal a festive start.  My salmon cakes were served with asparagus, radish, and pea shoots over lemon cream.  And T's pancakes were as high as the proverbial elephant's eye. 

Thanks to those perfect plates a disappointing dinner later at Tucci Benucch wasn't as big of a deal as it otherwise would have been.  Tucci changed their pizza dough recipe (or else I received a botched batch) and it is no longer cracker crisp.

Driving through Minneapolis on Sunday I experienced a craving for the French apple sausages from Kramarczuk's.  We finished a weekend of grazing by grilling up both the apple and cherry-stuffed sausages and enjoying a farmers market salad. 

The heat and humidity and the ongoing drill baby drill "accident" have me feeling both panic and a calm sense of doom.  Tipping point be damned, I'm gonna cook.  At least in the kitchen we have control over our small part of the world.

Orange, Lemon, and Honey-Mustard Dressing
Juice of half an orange
Juice of half a lemon
Tablespoon honey
Tablespoon good hearty mustard
Olive oil, salt, pepper

Combine all ingredients in small jar; cover and shake.  Enjoy on lots of fresh stuff from the market!  I'll take mine with extra radishes, please.

Comments

stephaniesays said…
" The heat and humidity and the ongoing drill baby drill "accident" have me feeling both panic and a calm sense of doom. Tipping point be damned, I'm gonna cook. At least in the kitchen we have control over our small part of the world. " --my thoughts exactly. also, your brunch sounds AMAZING. too bad we couldn't find parking that one day!!!
patrice said…
yes frimp, calm doom. dont be a judger. stephaniesays GETS it!

Popular Posts