Roll-Up Bread, Really!


Ted loves his BBQ chicken dinner with mashed potatoes and extra sauce. I am not such a fan of chicken (thanks in part to that description in Anthony Bourdain’s Kitchen Confidential). But last night I was a willing participant in Ted’s poultry obsession.

Known in my circles for pizza, there are few convenience prepackaged products, let alone breads suitable for quick pizzas, that I use or endorse. Then I discovered Roll-Up Flat Bread with Flax Seeds. If any of you are, like me, suffering from an extreme bout of oncoming autumn eating frenzy and extreme need to shed an inch or two, happy days and happy kitchens are here again. These Flat Breads are low carb, low calorie, and quite tasty.

I won’t provide instructions for roasting the chicken breast or precise measurements for the BBQ sauce – you probably have your go-to recipes for these already. Use those or ask me for specifics and I’ll be glad to send.

BBQ Chicken Flat Bread Pizza
1 Roll-Up Flat Bread with Flax Seeds
About 3 tablespoons BBQ Sauce
3 ounces roasted chicken breast spiced with BBQ dry rub, chopped
7 pimento stuffed green olives, halved
2 tablespoons red onion, sliced thin
2 tablespoons red pepper, sliced thin
2 tablespoons pineapple tidbits
1 -2 tablespoons cilantro leaves (stems removed)
1 tablespoons jalapeno, sliced thin
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella or provolone cheese
3 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese

Prepare baking sheet with cooking spray; place flat bread on baking sheet. Spread BBQ sauce over bread, layer remaining ingredients over sauce, ending with cheeses. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven until cheeses are melted and golden. Slice and serve.

I don’t measure most of my quick BBQ Sauces so you will want to use your favorite recipe, or combine (to taste) tomato sauce, honey, balsamic vinegar, mustard, salt, garlic powder, chicken broth, cumin, pepper, pineapple juice in small saucepan. Bring to simmer.

Chicken dry rub: cumin, dry mustard, garlic powder, celery salt, and pepper.

Comments

Popular Posts